The Speaking test is 11-14 minutes long and is in three parts.
|Part 1||You will answer questions about yourself and your family.|
|Part 2||You will speak about a topic.|
|Part 3||You will have a lnger discussion about the topic introduced in Part 2.|
Speaking test for both IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training Test.
The Speaking Module of the IELTS checks your potential to communicate clearly, correctly and meaningfully in English in a variety of situations. Interview is taken alone by an examiner and the discussion is recorded.The Speaking Module always follows the same three-part structure; topics can be changed from one candidate to another. You can achieve a higher score by:
- Familiarizing yourself with the common topics.
- Do practice with a teacher /tutor so you can get feedback
- Preparing till you can speak comfortably and confidently.
- Receiving tips, advice and guidance provided online and in IELTS guidebooks.
IELTS SPEAKING - STRUCTURE
|1||4-5 minutes||Introduction & Interview on Familiar Topics such as work, study or hobbies.|
|2||3-4 minutes||2 minute talk on a familiar topic|
|3||4-5 minutes||Two-Way Discussion or Topic Discussion|
IELTS SPEAKING MODULE - PART 1
In the first part of the speaking section you will usually be asked to give:
- Your full name
- Your identification
- Answers to basic questions about yourself, for example your hometown – what kind of place it is, what is interesting there, what kind of jobs people do, whether it's a good place to live.
- What job do you do?
- Why did you choose that particular job?
- What do you do every day?
- Do you have a big or a small family?
IELTS SPEAKING MODULE - PART 2
In this part, you will be handed a card with a topic. You will be given one minute to mull over it and make notes if you like. Then you need to converse about it for about one or two minutes.
- Speak about any incident when you felt embrace (What, When and what u felt after that).
- Speak about any recent movie which you watched (when, where and with whom).
- Speak about any famous personality of your home country (who is that person, what is his passion and what is his impact upon you)..
- Speak about of any family member to whom you like the most (who is the member, why you like and what are qualities).
- Speak about any historical place in India (which place, where it is, what is the history of that place and why you like it).
- Speak about a thing that you want to change in your house (which thing, why do you want to change, which impact will it have on you).
IELTS SPEAKING MODULE - PART 3
In this section, you will participate in a two-way conversation with your examiner. The topic will be an addition of a subject you spoke about in Part 2. However, in Part 2, the question related more to your personal experience, and in Part 3, you will be asked more general, extended or in-depth questions to test your ability to expand on a topic and express your opinions.
This is shown below:
|Part 2||Part 3|
|Describe a teacher||Education in your country, learning styles, etc.|
|Describe a person||Role of the family in modern life, parents’ responsibilities, etc.|
|Describe a problem||Modern life, is it easier or harder than before?|